24-well and 96-well Piko Thermal Cyclers
Thermo Scientific Piko Thermal Cyclers represent a fundamental improvement in PCR technology. Piko Thermal Cyclers incorporate novel technical solutions that allow significant reductions in PCR run times and the overall size of the instrument. Although merely half the size of other thermal cyclers, Piko Thermal Cyclers meet the highest criteria in performance expected from a thermal cycler and yet are able to complete a PCR protocol in as little as 15 minutes.
The Piko Thermal Cycler is an ideal solution for both conventional PCR and High Performance PCR applications. Due to its small size and low power consumption, it is also conveniently portable for field use. Overall, the system is widely adaptable and offers many novel benefits pertinent for today’s molecular laboratories.
- Time savings: fast ramp rates and quick settling times allow for PCR in as little as 15 minutes.
- Reagent savings: repeatable yields from as little as 2 ěl when using UTW vessels and Finnzymes’ sealers
- Space savings: one of the smallest available
- Energy saving: short protocols and low wattage requires only ¼ the power consumption
- Compliant for industrial PCR: The Piko Cycling Systems are manufactured under ISO9001 compliance and are fully licensed for performing PCR
The Piko Thermal Cycler offers both premium performance and savings at the same time. With its low energy and PCR plastic consumption it is also a step to more ecological values in molecular biology: Green PCR.